Patient Guidelines: Returning to Seeing Your Massage Therapist and Acupuncturist During COVID-19
**If you show up with any COVID positive symptoms we must turn you away for your appointment and you would be required to pay the full fee for your session. Please give us as much time as possible to reschedule your appointment to be fair to everyone.**
**Please note that our showers are closed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.**
At Toronto Bodyworks our full team of therapists, reception and management are compliant with all government directives to maximize your health and safety.
Here are some of the additions to our studio and policies to help keep you safe. For detailed information about screening and booking please scroll down:
Preparation Before you Arrive to your Appointment
Be sure you have the following:
- clean mask, cloth or surgical / procedural (Level 1) is fine (securely in contact with the face over the nose, along the cheeks and under the chin – held in place by ear loops or ties on the head, nothing that covers the back of the neck) – please wear it before entering the building (we have some for cost at reception, call from outside the studio and reception will bring you one as soon as they can). Your therapist may request you change into a medical mask if it is not sitting properly or regarding integrity – we have some for sale at the front desk for $2 each.
- facial tissues (tissue boxes are a high contact surface that people reach for when body fluids are running, please bring your own or we have some packages for sale at cost)
- closed bottle of water (we do not have our water station available at this time)
- forms filled out (mandatory screening / health history)
We ask that you leave behind anything you don’t need to reduce the risk of contamination.
Please note that if you develop any of the symptoms described in your required Covid-19 screening waiver form you will receive within 48 hours of your appointment, you cannot be treated. Please take an online self-assessment and contact your MD or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
Toronto Bodyworks COVID-19 Photo Gallery
Arriving for your appointment:
- Sanitize your hands at the door
- Wait to have your temperature taken
- Review the screening document and inform reception if any apply to you
- Mind distancing while waiting for your therapist
Please arrive to your appointment no more than 10 minutes early (10 minutes in colder weather, 5 minutes when warmer). This will decrease the number of people in the space and allow for best physical distancing measures.
We ask that you please comply with the following measures to keep everyone safe during this time:
- Do not bring anyone with you who doesn’t have an appointment at the exact same time
- Refrain from asking anyone to wait for you in the reception area, with physical distancing measures in effect we don’t have enough space to allow people to hang out in reception at this time
- Complete your business at reception after your appointment and leave as soon as you are done
- Wear your mask at all times in the studio, even before you enter the building and throughout your session on the table
- If you forget your mask we are trying to keep stock to have some for sale. Please do not rely on this in case we are out.
- We recommend you bring facial tissue. If you forget we are trying to keep little packets for sale in stock at the reception desk
- Bring your own bottled water, but no other food or drink
- Do not bring any bags, if possible
- If you like to have an eye pillow or covering over your eyes during your session please bring your own. We will not have any available.
Quiet Tables (less talking) – Patients and therapists alike may respectfully request a quiet table at any time. Quiet table sessions may offer deeper relaxation and a safer environment.
We reserve the right to refuse service for anyone who does not cooperate with our safety protocols. Any persons not following protocol will be kindly asked to leave.
At Toronto Bodyworks we have:
- Installed signage and rearranged the layout and flow for safe two metre distancing
- Installed a sneeze shield at the reception
- Implemented a high level screening process in compliance with standards from the Minister of Health
- Removed replaceable fabrics and other high contamination surfaces and replaced them with healthier alternatives
- Paperless options for payment and receipts
- Increased cleaning and disinfection protocols to meet the new standards in place from our Colleges
- Staggered staff to create more flow in the studio
- Increased the amount of time between sessions to implement disinfection protocols
- Appropriate PPE for staff + PPE available for purchase for patients who have forgotten theirs
- Created a safe patient schedule in regards to timing
- Educated all staff with mandatory COVID practices and requirements
Your Massage Therapist / Acupuncturist will:
- Have completed the mandatory IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control) training for all regulated health care professionals before returning to work
- Complete their own screening including temperature check before every working period
- Follow the protocols of the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario for screening, disinfection and the use of PPE
- Wash their hands up to their elbows after each patient visit and before starting with the next patient
- Track and Complete a thorough disinfection of the treatment room between all sessions
Your Massage Therapist / Acupuncturist will follow the cleaning and disinfection protocols from The Minister of Health and the directives of their Colleges. This would include disinfection of all diagnostic and treatment tools and treatment surfaces between each patient visit. Times between appointments have been increased to allow for the disinfection process to be thorough and successful.
Public Health Ontario: Handwashing Video with Soap and Water
Public Health Ontario: Handrub Video with Sanitizer
Public Health Ontario Facial PPE: Masks and Eye Protection
Hamilton Health Sciences: The Right Way to Cover Your Cough
Treatment Rooms and Studio Disinfectant MSDS: Concrobium Broad Spectrum Disinfectant II (scroll to bottom right of page for downloadable data sheet)
We thank-you for your co-operation to keep everyone safe during this time. We look forward to seeing you soon!